[Accepted] rammsteinn - mage - 9/9M

rammsteinn

[Accepted] rammsteinn - mage - 9/9M

Post by rammsteinn » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:55 am

1. Name, age, country and Battle tag.
yang
china(living in paris)
nathan#22586

2. Link to armory (please log out in gear you will raid in).
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... %C3%B1soul

3. Artifact level?
frost almost 75
fire 63
arcane 54
This stair type of ap comes this way: I played frost and fire as main since frost is the best spec after 7.2. I stopped giving arcane ap at late 7.2 cuz I was not using it in the raid but only in m+, while also stopped giving ap to fire after 7.3 due to crucible and progression in KJ. Before antorus open, i will put arcane to 75, ap into arcane after frost 75 this week.

4. What are our raiding times, and do they suit you?
wen sun mon, 1930 - 2330, suits me well
im playing around 4~8 hours a day and could push more since I'm in the gap year of my program. I won't miss a day.

5. What loosystem do we use? (This is meant to see that you have read our rules)
loot council

6. What guilds you were in and reasons for leaving? (short description)
For better progression in tos, I joined "The next step" in twisting nether, they were above 100 in tos but they called stop on progression in the mid of avatar and their roaster totally changed due to guild management stuff I can hardly say, cuz im not an officer, only know a few of it. They bring back almost a whole guild cuz they were friends before. Half raiders left while they got 20+ ppl in, everything was changed, the plan, the gm, the rl, so, unfortunately
I joined the guild "Last resort" in kazzak only to finish this patch asap as with a spot there since they were so lacking of ppl that always 19 waiting for 1. But, there has a quite COLD atmosphere that i didn't enjoy, some ppl played far lower than average, not valuing time or improving themselves at all

7. Logs of your past raids
to save ur time on the logs, pls check the pic i linked below
https://s1.postimg.org/9jvikdxrbj/image.png

-or logs
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... metric=dps
Im pretty sure I can play good logs meaning that I have confidence to push all of them above 99, but in the progression I didnt get decent gear and the tacs arrangement sometimes are not suitable for pushing logs. I prefer to play mechanism well first and then logs.

-these is lastest two weeks heroic logs, no mythic run recently
https://s1.postimg.org/742rcneocf/QQ_20171025163446.jpg

-Here in the killing point of KJ I should be around 1.3m which giving me a good rank in wcl like I always do, unfortunately I got two dps debuffs and sacraficed once, shit happens but I run the tacs well. It can be seen in here, my average performance after second dps debuff is around 1.4m, there are three places to burst after this so its 1.3m in the end.
https://s1.postimg.org/7igpl70k0v/Wo_WS ... 220628.jpg
https://s1.postimg.org/8p00tsotgv/Wo_WS ... 220640.jpg

8. Screenshot of your UI (in a raiding situation)
https://s1.postimg.org/6hsexfw3cf/Wo_WS ... 112811.jpg
https://s1.postimg.org/2fqwqpr79b/image.png

9. What are the sites you use to keep up to date on your specc/class?
I go for all kinds of webs wowhead icyvein of EU and nga of CN to get information ,also from discord mage channel. I enjoy wasting a lot of time to analyze top logs on wcl to study timeline and find a best way to arrange my burst. Before a new boss progression I would read all boss's skills and learn tacs, then revise DBM WA to the best performance.

10. Info about alts (if any)
no, I dont like to play alt but i have a warr, maybe some day i can pick it up

11. How did you hear about our guild, what made you apply?
I see it on wowp that efforts, everyone learns from anyone's mistake and i wish to have a good atmosphere. Also I like your raid time and you are recruiting mage.

12. Describe the hardest PVE boss you killed (ever) - how long did your guild work on it, what was hard, what was good about the fight etc..
I dont think killing boss is hard but just calculating the timeline and repeating mechanism. It's ezpz after few pulls. What hard is immature or toxic players. In this part i'll list smth else i guess.

-for you guys to know what a player i am
here's a pic of glaive storm damage taken of sister's progression of 19 wipes a night, there is me in the bottom
https://s1.postimg.org/23hvmyik67/QQ_20171021131122.jpg

I got 25 heroic TOC insane achv while I tanked four spiders in anubarak as a blocking warrior tank in first two months of that expansion, which seldom ppl do.

In HFC gorefiend fight I used warrior tank to rescue teammates from images, I revised the tidyplate's lua doc to fit my frame into the tacs of that battle so that I can always get ppl out of inside court btw 0-2 secs, which I believe is highest level in CN that we only wiped less than 100 times with my teammates' quite shit dps in that battle.

When I was leading my guild in CN, I designed tacs with accurate measuring of distance. In this tac, no one in the mid need to move to avoid waves but dps and heal, only ppl with weed run to the mark and 3 ppl block waves at an assigned position. Many guild in CN learn this tac and passed zakuun fast.
https://s1.postimg.org/145zeupe1b/e4b6c ... 0310cd.jpg

13. Anything else that could convince us that you are a good addition to our raids.
My gm in previous guild "the next step" could vouch for me

14. Your plans for the next 6 months - will you be AFK on vacation or take a break from raiding?
I'm in the gap year of my program. Pushing pve is my only favorite stuff, I have no interest in any other game. Else another habit is basketball. Wont change game or schedule.

15. Do you know anyone in the guild?
nope :?

kollbjorn
aka Depletebjørn

Re: rammsteinn - mage - 9/9M

Post by kollbjorn » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:10 pm

Hey Yang!

Thanks a lot for the app - really liked it!

We will need a couple of days to look over it and come back to you.

Cheers, koll
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good!

rammsteinn

Post by rammsteinn » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:29 am

kollbjorn wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:10 pm
Hey Yang!

Thanks a lot for the app - really liked it!

We will need a couple of days to look over it and come back to you.

Cheers, koll
Hi Kollb,

Thank you for informing me the process, appreciate!

Best wishes : D

rammsteinn

Post by rammsteinn » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:28 pm

Hello Kollbjorn,

Sorry to say that I want to withdraw my application. Thank you so much for giving me positive response. Maybe we will meet in another time in the future. Good luck in antorus =)

Best wishes from your chinese friend Yang.

kollbjorn
aka Depletebjørn

Post by kollbjorn » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:29 pm

Thats okei Yang!

Sorry we took so long to decide on you - we didn't want to recruit you just for the bench (and we got 3 performing mages atm), so we were looking on another solution on it (possible having one of them reroll).

Anyways, as I said: really liked your app, the right thoughtprocess when it comes to what matters for a raider - so kudos for that :)

Good luck in your new guild, and don't hesitate to contact us again in the the future if you want!
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good!

rammsteinn

Post by rammsteinn » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:04 pm

Hello kollbjorn there,

I'm so sorry for coming back at idk if it's a proper time xD, cuz I got fooled by a guild that i joined a week ago.

At first, they had 3 mages and told me that one of them was not good and stable that they wanted me to compete there cuz my app was kinda appealing. Thereafter, i joined while all mages felt like nervous and straight up right after. The mage said his schedule changed and he would be quite stable in the future, also he performed much better in the lastest farm this week...The excuse their gm told me was i cant communicate well in the progression, comon FeelsTrolledMan, I did KJ much earlier than them... So, such a farce and drama, just took my 25 euros to cheer others up :(

The battletag chat:
29 oct
Hankie12:52
Hey! Like I just commented on your application to OE we'd like a chat with you before we accept =)
Basically the situation as it stands is that we're 3 mages currently
But your application is very appealing, so basically we want you in to compete for a spot
One of our mages is kinda weak, so we're confident you'd do okay

5 nov
nathan15:04
hey hank, sorry to bother you
not a big deal but yday i asked in guild for anyone has no need in demonic and maiden, while got no answer
i didnt get inv at the beginning, or anyone whisper me saying anything, or any answer after i asked in guild chat in whole 9 bosses
dont quite understand of this

Hankie18:24
Hey, firstly sorry I didn't respond to this - I was travelling friday and didn't notice. You weren't invited this week because it quickly became clear to us that you won't be able to communicate well enough with us and our raiders in a progress scenario. We spent the weekend talking a bit about this and have decided that it's best that you find another guild, good luck.

rammsteinn

Post by rammsteinn » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:23 pm

I rewrite my application and if anyone is interested in details
oh btw, dont feel bother to skip xD, TL;DR

--------------------------
Personal Information
Name: yang
Age and Gender: 28 male
Battletag: nathan#22586

Character and Stats
Wowprogress:
https://www.wowprogress.com/character/e ... s/Rammsnow

Logs
to save ur time on the logs, you can also check the pic i linked below
https://s1.postimg.org/9jvikdxrbj/image.png

or logs here:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... metric=dps
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/27699440

https://s1.postimg.org/742rcneocf/QQ_20171025163446.jpg
https://s1.postimg.org/3coin08mvh/QQ_20171105200708.jpg
-these is lastest two weeks heroic logs, no mythic run recently. I DONT have recent logs for mythic 1-8 since havent played those for more than 1 month. The previous guild has no confidence in farming avatar while progressing KJ at the same time. After KJ down I got fooled by perceptive so no farm last two weeks after KJ down.

-Im pretty sure I can play good logs meaning that I have confidence to push all of them above 99, but in the progression I didnt get decent gear and the tacs arrangement sometimes are not suitable for pushing logs. I prefer to play mechanism well first and then logs. Here in the killing point of KJ I should be around 1.3m which giving me a good rank in wcl like I always do in progression, unfortunately I got two dps debuffs and sacraficed for one time, shit happens but I run the tacs in the killing put well.
My average level it can be seen in here, my average performance after second dps debuff is around 1.4m, there are three places to burst after this so its 1.3m in the end.
https://s1.postimg.org/7igpl70k0v/Wo_WS ... 220628.jpg
https://s1.postimg.org/8p00tsotgv/Wo_WS ... 220640.jpg

The spells/abilities, rotation/priority system
Common skills
Blink - for position fast without losing cast by turning the camera ( or fireman jobs )
Ice block - to immune big damage or do specific tasks
Sheild - to buy healer time in emergency low hp or to reduce medium damage making healer feels safer
Kick / Steal / Invis - for tacs

Frost:
Basically on pull I precast at most two frostbolt regarding the pull time and position ( since boss has diffirent pull time /distance /position ) , then burst with all skills especially taking care of the position of frozen orb. Save ebonbolt for low proc on pull or try to cast it witin frozen orb damage buff. Use moving double ice lance when 2 haste buffs of icy vein and lust are both up. Use blizzard when i need to reduce frozen orb cd or two and more targets exist.
Besides, watch all buffs to maintain chain reaction on 3 stacks for best and wrist on 6 stacks if possible, bring damage into frozen orb buff, icy vein buff and concordance of artifact.
Always watch concordance buff of artifact to gain most profit from it since its the random effect but values a lot as 15% damage gain for a medium duration of 10 secs ( meaning 8 to 12 casts for me )
When chain reaction is close to drop within 2 casts, if i have no flurry insta and FoF doesnt stack more than 3 stacks, cast two frostbolt to maintain chain reaction.
When the damage buffs are close to end, if i have flurry insta i would release all damage instead of casting frostbolt.
When FoF and flurry both generate from a frostbolt, if im in the burst i would cast flurry and double icelance directly, else not in the burst i will interrupt frostbolt cast and release FoF first.

Fire:
More abt the fire starter before boss and medium adds are 90%, burst resources saving and release, sun king wrist buff watching to cast on high stacks of combo crit buff and low stacks of flow buff better. Sometimes I like to use fire shoulder for double meteor bug, it's interesting to watch shoulder buff stacks and burst doule huge damage meteor.
Else, use fireball followed by a pyroblast to get more resources, while differently use scorch before a insta pyroblast is gained then followed by a pyroblast.

Arcane:
Single target burst to release mana and save mana with 4 arcane blast and 1 barrier, timeline is everything since arcane need to build a strong relationship between - boss/adds time line - burst cooldown - evocaton cool down - mana percentage
AOE is only abt 4 arcane explosion with 1 barrier using shoulder /sephuz /lust ring in different fights.
This talent gonna be so hot in antorus and ill put ap into it to 75 before antorus opening. Before the progression i need to use arcane, i will write an excel to timing all the bursts and recite it, while also put it on the screen with notes.

Talents and boss performance
For all specs:
Frost/fire can use Rune in cases with fixed timing or dps buffs, other wise choose flow. Arcane always picks Rune since it's the periodical burst king in all classes.
Shimmer for forst/fire most time, moving missile for arcane. Ice float for specific like frost in avatar but it depends on personal preference.

Frost:
In the following patches, frost is best for single and double target. On single target best talents are frozen touch/unstable magic, on double target (also aoe bosses) are splitting ice/arctic gale. While sometimes I still use splitting ice in single target fight with using double icelance, gambling a proper high proc since icelance proc is always wasted in playing double icelance. This is a way to reach upper limit by gambling proc.

Fire:
For fire, even if fire has flexibility in movement in the progression but its not as good as frost on single boss. Frost can also move using gcd/ insta skills/ blink in the whole fight. What fire can do frost can also do it with a much better result on main target, the only exception in this patch is avatar the weirdo, frost sucks on him due to design flaw that the model is too big for frost to maintain buffs and its not cleavable for icelance. Maybe fire would go up with a low cd burst in antorus using glove build, but the chance is so slight regarding to the t21 got nerf recently from godlike to ordinary.

Arcane:
There is no space to adjust arcane talents in this expansion, since dps floors are all fixed, just 2223131 no matter aoe or single.

Primary / secondary stats value
Except for the common sense, just simc simc and simc because the way chasing dps summit is a research of the mountain graph or the cask theory generated by complex functions and tons of simulations. While simc always works like shit in the start of a patch, have to adjust priority sentences making it work with the best simulating assumption.

Frost:
"crit below 33%" > "haste-vers<5000" > mastery, crit about 31% will decrease its value due to the mechanism of crit larger than 96.5% for the icelance, which is the main damage skill for frost mage. On possibility theory, non-crit would be a small probability event, which is not worthy to take into consideration. Simc also gives out the same result as possibility theory.
Haste and vers should be balanced cuz haste is useless in burst but maintain dps in common rotation, the amount of 5000 is because its a mountain graph with only one trend of uphill leading to the highst dps summit ( their value are both close to threshold value on that trend, if you dont follow the trend but going more haste or more vers, you will fall off the mountain ). When in the 1500 vers rune boss fight, vers should be reduced comparing non-rune fights to get the theoretical upper limit dps.

Fire:
Single target is low mastery high haste, double or more target is high mastery only if the ignite cleave matters, or same build with single target. Basicly now fire only cares about ilvl, making crit either lower than 40% while using 2t19 to gain more on other stats cuz crit is almost useless on burst and many abilities like phoenix / fire blast / fire starter / scorch waist. Else making crit higher possible without 2t19 while using the burst reduce talent and phoenix hand ( or waist almost the same, but waist op in progression from 30% hp to the killing point)

Arcane:
Single target 2t19 2t20 and pants low mastery now ( or high ending double ring with certain mastery from highest items), but in antorus its gonna be 4t21 2t20 since the newest patch gave arcane insane buff in t21.
After lowing mastery, keep crit above 30% and haste reletively lower than 30% or smth high ilvl works, based on above getting more vers if possible. Too much haste would lead to mana release too fast that influence the damage in total.

Sources used for theorycrafting
altertime, icyvein, wowlogs, simc, discord and dozens of forums
To get the newest information from web and copy the result from data nerd is most efficient way of doing it, time is money friend. Also I'll do some adjustment and assumptions on my own to test it, if theirs make sense I'd better practice dummy, timeline and reaction, adjust WA TMW DBM.

Off spec and artifact traits
frost 75 / arcane 71 ( arcane gonna be the 2nd spec for antorus ) / fire 63
This stair type of ap comes this way:
( frost ±60 fire ±60 arcane 54) I played frost and fire as main since frost is the best spec after 7.2
( arcane stopped at 54 ) Stopped giving arcane ap at late 7.2 cuz I was not using it in the raid but only in m+
( frost 75, fire stopped at 63) While also stopped giving ap to fire after 7.3 due to crucible and progression in KJ.
Before antorus open, i will put arcane to 75.
Im playing all specs in rbg especially arcane. In mythic+, it is one week using frost fro tyrannical then fire another for fortified.

Alts
No, since I dont like to play alt but i have a warr, maybe some day i can pick it up. I love to focus on one class in every single expansion.

Raiding history
I have played this game for 12 years since it launched.

In vanilla I was in highschool so didnt play a lot, only casual raid 40 MC BWL in weekends.

In 70lv, I started to raid as a rogue formally. When it came to BT, we formed a guild and run 5 days a week including boost run on BT Hyjal SW.

In 80lv, I joined a semi hardcore guild and reached some goals such as got 25 Heroic TOC insane achv while I tanked four spiders in anubarak as a blocking warrior tank. We got realm 1st ULD and ICC.

In CTM I started to play paladin and led a 10 ppl raid in DS by recruiting ppl and calendar schedule, also do the guild raid at the same time.

In MOP unfortunately I afked due to graduated from college and started a job in financial company, only played SOO at the end of that expansion.

In 100lv, I backed to run a guild with friends as a semi hardcore 4 days a week, could rank 200 comparing with wowp tho we do not have it in CN realm. I was the RL calling tacs, played warrior as main. I was always a good tacs executor and played good mechanism. In margok fight I can always kick caster in last 0.5 secs to pause it for 1 sec, while others cant always make it. In HFC gorefiend fight I used warrior tank to rescue teammates from images, I can always get ppl out of inside court btw 0-2 secs. In zakuun, I designed my own tacs with accurate measuring of distance. etc.

Here back to the legion, I quit my job and came to paris for a master degree in finance and management basicly because my girlfriend studied french as her major in colledge. All cleared 9/9 mythic tos.

Guild history
I raided in china CN realm before, so you wont know it.

I joined chinese best guild in eu called "E V O", which ranked above 50 once, but it went down anyway and disbanded in the mid of NH.

For better progression in tos, I joined "The next step" in twisting nether, they were above 100 in tos but they called stop on progression in the mid of avatar and their roaster totally changed due to guild management stuff I can hardly say, cuz im not an officer, only know a few of it. They bring back almost a whole guild cuz they were friends before. Half raiders left while they got 20+ ppl in, everything was changed, the plan, the gm, the rl, so

I joined the guild "Last resort" in kazzak only to finish this patch asap as with a spot there since they were so lacking of ppl that always 19 waiting for 1. But, there has a quite cold atmosphere that i didn't enjoy, some ppl played far lower than average, not valuing time or improving themselves at all.
During the KJ progression, I talked with "perceptive" gm, after several times they asked me to have a chat on ts, there they said ok and told me their rules/current situation/aim stuffs and told me to transfer after I finish KJ progression. That week I killed KJ on thursday then transferred on sunday, but at the first sec I finish transfer one of the officer w me that they are too full to fit me in and their view on ts is not the final decision. After wish me gl to find another guild, they deleted my battletag. I whispered character ingame but didnt get reply. This is so incredible and childish. After someone in this realm told me they have a roaster more than 35 ppl. im over this that good luck i didnt get in. This is why im looking for a guild with my character is in tarren mill with a blank guild name, while my previous guild was in kazzak.

As I said there has a quite cold atmosphere in previous guild that i didn't enjoy, but got fooled by perceptive. More important is I always want to improve as an individual and contribute for guild to grow as an entirety, while some ppl really stubborn on this and still hold their back to the old days glory. Im looking for a guild to push progression as fast as I can in a semi hardcore schedule with super efficiency and pro teammates, who know how to improve and be willing to.

Addons
tmw wa quartz dbm compactraid suf bt4 nameplates etc...this is my addons package
https://s1.postimg.org/3fzeayllwf/QQ_20171026002415.jpg
I know how to write WA TMW, also I like to revise the LUA doc of addons which I'm using, to make it the most convenient and best preference for me. I build voice notification with recording my gf's voice sometimes. Like neat and efficient screen.

UI in a combat
screen: https://s1.postimg.org/6hsexfw3cf/Wo_WS ... 112811.jpg
addons: https://s1.postimg.org/2fqwqpr79b/image.png
those shits everywhere they are hidden in combat

internet
40 fps in raid, i have no internet issue
http://beta.speedtest.net/result/6496653552.png

Personal stuffs
You can call me ram ( previous character name rammsteinn ), or my name yang. Im 28, from Beijing china, also lived in Singapore for years, living in Paris now.

English is my second language but not an issue in the raid. I got a bachelor degree in science and engineering, had worked in a financial company for 4 years. What I love is wow, basketball and board games. I came to Paris to study in a 3 years finance master program basically for accompanying my girlfriend cuz she studied the French language in college and wished to take her master degree in France.

For you guys to know what a player i am
here's a pic of glaive storm damage taken of sister's progression of 19 wipes a night, there is me in the bottom
https://s1.postimg.org/23hvmyik67/QQ_20171021131122.jpg

I have played the game for 12 years since it launched. Playing 4~8 hours a day and could push more since I'm in the gap year of my program. Pushing pve is my only favorite stuff, I have no interest in any other game. A pve psycho here. I got important traits to become a pro player in pve:
1, dedicated, as wow is the only game that I love, I want to push pve to the best and beat wcl logs, only to hit the logs in farm. In progression i only care about running perfect tacs, then doing best damage, since doing damage is not an issue for me at all but putting the boss down any faster if possible with a smart tac and perfect details handling that really matters
2, intellectual, I worked in financial territory and graduated from best college in china
3, flexible with also fast reaction, the quicksilver and fireman

rammsteinn

Post by rammsteinn » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:46 pm

the ppl i know these days they also feel like unreal on this, nothing more to comment on officers of that guild
https://s1.postimg.org/5k82kqh3m7/QQ_20171105204058.jpg
https://s1.postimg.org/1tiwzhtazj/QQ_20171105204137.jpg

to clearify, im not making a drama here but tell you the fact cuz its such a farce on where im standing :(

Seccy

Post by Seccy » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:35 pm

Hey buddy,
Thanks for taking the time to expand on your original application. Was nice to read (Although I'm a noob when it comes to mages so I couldn't say anything on how right it is!) I'm sorry to hear the guild you joined screwed you over in that way, especially as it cost you real life money.
Our roster situation is similar to before, so if we were to offer you a trial there is of course no guarantee of a spot. I will get back to you with a final answer as soon as possible (Before next reset), and thanks for your patience!
Seccy

rammsteinn

Post by rammsteinn » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:14 pm

Seccy wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:35 pm
Hey buddy,
Thanks for taking the time to expand on your original application. Was nice to read (Although I'm a noob when it comes to mages so I couldn't say anything on how right it is!) I'm sorry to hear the guild you joined screwed you over in that way, especially as it cost you real life money.
Our roster situation is similar to before, so if we were to offer you a trial there is of course no guarantee of a spot. I will get back to you with a final answer as soon as possible (Before next reset), and thanks for your patience!
Seccy
Hey Seccy,

Thank you for informing me really fast, appreciate. Looking forward to your final call.

Best wishes.