Aliorth - Rogue

Aliorth

Aliorth - Rogue

Post by Aliorth » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:33 pm

1. Name, age, country and Battle tag.
Aliorth, 22, England, Aliorth#2144

2. Link to armory (please log out in gear you will raid in).
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... ll/aliorth

3. Artifact level?
sub - 60
sin - 57
outlaw - 57

4. What are our raiding times, and do they suit you?
Wednesday 19.45-23.30
Sunday 19.45-23.30
Monday 20.45-23.30

Yes these suit me just fine.

5. What loosystem do we use? (This is meant to see that you have read our rules)
RC loot council

6. What guilds you were in and reasons for leaving? (short description)
I've been in two guilds while raiding. Memento Vivere was my first guild which I left to do mythic content and Stark Industries was my other.
The reason I'm leaving Stark Industries is that I no longer enjoy raiding there, I've been here for nearly 2 years now I don't particularly like the progression speed and mentality towards it of some players and I also want to make sure I'm challenged while doing what I want to do. A big part of why I am also leaving is that our current progression boss (mistress) has seen 2 nights of progression in a month.

7. Logs of your past raids
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... ll/aliorth

8. Screenshot of your UI (in a raiding situation)
http://imgur.com/a/lp66J
pretty basic most things are pushed to the side of the screen (no clue why I've left my quest objectives up but w/e)

9. What are the sites you use to keep up to date on your specc/class?
My network for getting information is actually quite small. I only use a couple of resources being warcraft logs and the rogue class discord.
Discord: I use the discord mainly to look at what people are trying out and what's popular and on the up before it hits warcraft logs in a big way.
Warcraftlogs: Basically I just perv on players logs to see what they are up to. Some one will have thought of something before you most likely so might as well go and steal it if it works

10. Info about alts (if any)
None that I currently have to a raiding standard

11. How did you hear about our guild, what made you apply?
Saw in trade chat that you were looking for rogues and thought hey why not lets give it a try

12. Describe the hardest PVE boss you killed (ever) - how long did your guild work on it, what was hard, what was good about the fight etc..
For my guild? Probably Gul'dan. It took a little over a month and was also my first time raid leading which left it about sour in my memory. So the reason it was hard was mainly due to people being complacent with ability timers and not looking out for them. It's a fight that turned out very easy to lose someone on due to a silly mistake which would then throw out the rest of the fight timings wise (end up with weird overlaps in p2 or we just lose a mage to deal with the orbs in P3). But yeah due to it being a long progression fight and my first time raid leading I ended up not liking the fight that much. The mechanics were great with different classes having different mechanics (I loved having another little rogue bit to do) so I guess that's what I thought was good about the fight.

13. Anything else that could convince us that you are a good addition to our raids.
I occasionally make good mogs? I really just focus on my rogue and what I can do with it.

14. Your plans for the next 6 months - will you be AFK on vacation or take a break from raiding?
As a full time student I can't afford any of them fancy holiday things. Only thing that would come up would be exam periods where I may want to take a week out depending on my confidence with the exams.

15. Do you know anyone in the guild?
Not that I can recall.

kollbjorn
aka Depletebjørn

Re: Aliorth - Rogue

Post by kollbjorn » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:57 pm

Hey!

Thanks for the app! Looks very promising (and we are looking for a rogue) :)

(also kudos for staying in a guild as long as 2 years)
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good!