Holy paladin

Rochendil

Holy paladin

Post by Rochendil » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:22 pm

1. Name, age, country and Battle tag.
Kevin, 24, Holland, Shizzllyy#2965

2. Link to armory (please log out in gear you will raid in).
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... l/advanced

3. Artifact level?

4. What are our raiding times, and do they suit you?
Wednesday, sunday, monday from 1930-2300 and they all suit me very well. will have 100% attendance

5. What lootsystem do we use? (This is meant to see that you have read our rules)
Lootcouncil

6. What guilds you were in and reasons for leaving? (short description)
I was in Novi lunai for almost a year when i left, after that i havent done much and now i want to get back to raiding. I left because i couldnt be GM anymore and no one wanted to pick up so i went on search for another guild untill i found u guys.

7. Logs of your past raids
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... metric=hps

8. Screenshot of your UI (in a raiding situation)
http://i67.tinypic.com/ffd2dx.jpg

9. What are the sites you use to keep up to date on your specc/class?
Discord, Spreadsheets and warcraftlogs. Basiscly i use the paladin discord for my class, using spreadsheets to figure out what stats i need to use and talents for the best hps output and warcraftlogs to compare myself to other paladins.

10. Info about alts (if any)
I got a fire mage but havent played him in months. still has good legendaries on it
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... 887101/10/

11. How did you hear about our guild, what made you apply?
I noticed a advertisement in trade chat, and i thought lets give it a try. i am only 3/10 mythic but i do have 5/10 mythic experience and watched all the videos up till Gul'dan. I think u guys are a decent guild according to your logs and i think i will fit in perfectly.

12. Describe the hardest PVE boss you killed (ever) - how long did your guild work on it, what was hard, what was good about the fight etc..
I think that was spine on deathwing pre nerf because it was so damm hard to get the shield down in 2 attempts. The fight was an intense dps and healing fight and u needed to have a weard setup to make the kill happen. I think that was the hardest boss i have ever faced since i have been playing since TBC.

13. Anything else that could convince us that you are a good addition to our raids.
Well i am always on top of my own improvement, i want to get the best out of myself and i just hate to fail, i dont mind wiping all night long or nights, as long as it is progressive and fun. I tend to watch my logs every raid to improve my healing or mistakes if i make them which i rarely do. I am also a social guy that loves to do mythic+ besides raiding and having fun with guildies.

14. Your plans for the next 6 months - will you be AFK on vacation or take a break from raiding?
I will have 1 week vacation and the rest i am available for raiding (:

15. Do you know anyone in the guild?
I dont sadly

Seur

Re: Holy paladin

Post by Seur » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:27 pm

Hey Kevin and thank you for your application. We are midst a very offensive recruiting period which means a lot of applications to go through. Our healing theorycrafter will get to look at your logs and stuff today/tomorrow and you will get an official reply then.
Seurely a good reply.

Immanis
Resident Healing Theorycrafter and Advisor

Post by Immanis » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:06 pm

Hej Kev'! Thank you for your application and I'm terribly sorry to have taken such a long time to respond, has been quite a busy week :-)

As per usual, I'll first go over some logs, mostly looking at the top parses on every fight in more detail.
It's quite unfortunate that there are only the 3 less relevant bosses to look at, but it'll make due :-)

It seems you like to run Light's Hammer over Bestow Faith, what's your reasoning behind this choice?

Skorpyron
  • Your overall aCPM is on the lower end, indicating that you're not always casting.
  • Good Holy Shock usage.
  • Decent Light of Dawn usage, you only missed a couple of uses.
  • Missed at least 1 Light's Hammer.
  • Heavy FoL playstyle, yet you go oom 30 seconds before the end of the fight (with a Blessing of Wisdom). Maybe use some of those high overhealing Infusion of Light procs on Holy Light instead?
  • 2/4 Arcane Torrents.
  • Decent throughput CD management, 4/4 Tyr's Deliverance, 3/3 Avenging Wraths, 2/4 Holy Avengers. Could've fit in at least another HA for sure.
  • Aura Mastery wasn't used properly at all: No Rule of Law uptime, Divine Shield used 2 GCDs into AM instead of before, lots of canceled casts, no TD, some LotM?
  • A lot of Light of the Martyr casts for a fight that isn't that movement intensive. How do you plan your instant casts around your movement?
  • No Rule of Law casts?
Chromatic Anomaly
  • Your overall aCPM is on the lower end, indicating that you're not always casting.
  • Good Holy Shock usage; usually it's used right on CD.
  • Missed 4 out of 26 Light of Dawn, nothing major.
  • You used all Infusion of Light procs on FoL even though they sometimes overhealed a lot, maybe use some on HL instead to overheal less and to be more mana efficient.
  • Very heavy FoL playstyle, literally 0 Holy Lights. I see you had a Blessing of Wisdom, yet you finish the fight with 205k mana, basically wasting 2/3 of the BoW.
  • Poor throughput CD management, missing out on 1 Avenging Wrath, 2 Tyr's Deliverance. How do you plan your CDs?
  • Suboptimal Rule of Law usage, could easily keep the CD rolling on 1 charge for a large part of the fight. (Don't forget that it also interacts with Aura of Sacrifice)
  • Missed out on 1 cake use.
  • You don't seem to align Rule of Law with the whole duration of your Aura Mastery (there's only partial uptime), this is particularly important with Aura of Sacrifice paired with Divine shield (which you do for your 2nd AM this fight). In addition to that, Tyr's Deliverance is also particularly potent with AM:Sacrifice, which you don't sync up.
    How do you plan for Aura Mastery in general?
Trilliax
  • aCPM is on the lower end again, even though you had a lot of LotM casts.
  • Very questionable spellbreakdown, Light of the Martyr as top cast? Even outside of Annihilation? No Holy Light casts.
  • Missed out on 2 Holy Shocks and 5 Light of Dawns, not perfect, but good enough.
  • Missed out on 1 Holy Avenger, 1 Avening Wrath, 1 Tyr's Deliverance. Using HA and AW at the same time during the first red phase seems like a waste?
  • 0 Light's Hammer casts.
  • 1/4 Arcane Torrent casts.
  • Only 69.53 Judgment of Light uptime.
  • All IoL procs used on FoL again, see above.
  • You end the fight at 413k Mana. How do you plan/manage your Mana?
In short:
You seem to have gotten used to HS/LoD on CD, which is a good start.
You don't seem to plan your throughput CDs properly.
You don't manage your mana properly.
What is your opinion on Holy Light? Is it not worth casting (seeing as you have 0 HL casts in any of the logs I looked at)? What do you think about Infusion of Light and how it should be used?
What are your thoughts on Light of the Martyr?
What do you think about the importance of consistency for healers? How do you explain the difference between your Best Perf. Avg of 71 and your Median Perf. Avg of 35?

Cheers :-)

EDIT:
What are your thoughts on Sanctified Wrath vs Judgment of Light?

Rochendil

Post by Rochendil » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:21 pm

Hi i will explain why i am doing what.

The reason i am using light of the hammer is just because i like the healing output u can do with the ring buff + avenger for example, its a decent AoE heal. But i need to get used to bestow for sure. Will look more into it.

First of all the main thing that my median perf has an average of 35 is because i started healing when nighthold hitted so i was lacking traits and good legendaries at start. Also we ran 5 healers on Chrono which made my healing lower. It was basicly about killing the boss about then but i did improve alot during the time being.

I am gonna use more Holy lights from now on when i get the trinket with the mana return, haven't had it and i have been trying to get in since. The thing about my mana is basicly i am trying to get as much healing done as possible in the time before the kill. But sometimes healers/dps die and my timing is a little bit off. On the harder fights like krosus i manage my mana pretty well and i have always a little bit mana left at the end. I killed it once but died in the last 30 second, but my mana was at like 30% so i did fine and i was healing around the 800-850k hps.

My cooldown management on trilliax is off because we had to many healers and there was nothing to heal. Also on skorpyon we had to many healers and i couldnt find the right spots the pop my lower cd's properly. And yes i do need to use Rule combined with Aura, but i had a good position and got everyone in it.

I am learning every day a little bit more. I've done pretty well on heroic and learning the way to heal on mythic aswell. I have been improving quite alot and it will be even better. Managing my cd's is a point of improvement, but i was already looking for that on discord etc. Also the more use of holy light (which i didnt because of the infusion procs, in my opinion i healed more) which also means i overheal with it. So yes i will look more into that aswell, prob need the mana trinket to get more efficiency out of my holy light. The reason i use light of the martyr is just because its an instant heal and mostly use it in situations were i can take a little bit of damage.