Enhancement Shaman

Ttotem

Enhancement Shaman

Post by Ttotem » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:46 am

1. Name, age, country and Battle tag.
André, 22, Sweden, DoubleT#2361

2. Link to armory (please log out in gear you will raid in).
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... m/advanced

3. Artifact level?
54 Enhancement, 54 Resto, 46 Elemental

4. What are our raiding times, and do they suit you?
Wednesday 19.15-23.00
Sunday 19.15-23.00
Monday 19.15-23.00

They suit me just fine and adding an extra raid day if we're close to a kill won't be a problem.

5. What loosystem do we use? (This is meant to see that you have read our rules)

RC Loot council to distribute loot - and there will be no unjust handling of loot - it will be handled in the way that will benefit the raid as a whole the most.

6. What guilds you were in and reasons for leaving? (short description)
Could you give us a little background on your previous raiding history? Any notable kills or previous high end raiding experience. Why are you leaving your current guild?
During cata I bumped between a few different guilds, nothing too serious.

The start of MoP until a few weeks after ToT launched, I raided with a guild called Security. We had a fair bit of roster issues, but still managed to down 8 bosses on hc in t14. Soon after we've cleared normal ToT and done 1 (maybe 2) bosses on hc, we had to stop raiding since both of our tanks and a few others had to quit playing.

For a while, I was in a guild called Nether Storm, but after they decided that in the middle of progression switch to 25 man and be extremely lenient on the requirements, effectively making a guild that was 4/13 into 1/13. At this point I took a break from raiding to focus on school and returned to it later in the summer of 2014.

I joined a guild called Vendetta and we cleared 14/14 hc before the release of 6.0. After progression was over, the guild immediately took a break and I decided to join up with my old friends in Security who were reforming with a couple of players from another guild.

We downed Kargath and Ogrons on mythic before our raid leader(s) had a meltdown and quit the game due to people not being able to cope with the Waves of Bracken.

For the rest of the tier, I joined Cerberus. We cleared the rest of the tier on mythic besides Blast Furnace and Blackhand, but during the early days of HFC I began to lose motivation to play the game. The raid leader of Cerberus would constantly yell at people for the smallest issue, even during our first attempts on bosses in HFC he would lose his shit even to the point where the other officers had to tell him to calm down.

So I quit wow entirely for half a year. I thoroughly enjoyed this break as I got to play loads of other games. I returned to wow in December, wrapping up all of my personal goals in preparation for Legion.

For the third time I reunited with my Security-friends. However, this time we barely got anywhere. After dealing with bad leadership and some atrocious players, I had enough and left.

I then joined the guild I'm currently in, Fallout. They were uncertain at first, since my EN hc experience was lacking to say the least, but I proved my worth and was promoted to Raider within a week. We cleared 7/7M before the release of Nighthold, but ToV was too much of a challenge even after nerfs. During Nighthold it started to become clear that part of the raid team wasn't cut out for progression raiding. They either performed poorly, had low attendance or didn't even have 54 traits (there's still several around 38-43). After 51 Aluriel wipes and 114 Krosus wipes I simply had enough, since I want to kill Gul'dan before Tomb is opened.

Sorry about the lengthy description.

7. Logs of your past raids
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... 282/latest

8. Screenshot of your UI (in a raiding situation)
http://i.imgur.com/nMNeSHj.jpg

9. What are the sites you use to keep up to date on your specc/class?
Icy-veins and Wordup's spreadsheets for the theoretical part.

Simulationcraft for the more mathematical.

10. Info about alts (if any)
I've only capped my druid so far. I haven't really felt the desire to play my alts too much during this expansion.

11. How did you hear about our guild, what made you apply?
Saw it while browsing wowprogress. You seem to have a strong raiding team and similar values to mine when it comes to raiding.

12. Describe the hardest PVE boss you killed (ever) - how long did your guild work on it, what was hard, what was good about the fight etc..

Probably Siegecrafter Blackfuse Heroic (5.4). The constant environmental hazards, dealing with the weapons on the conveyor belt, making sure spider mines are slowed and killed whilst also maintaining high boss damage. Must've taken us about 80-100 wipes before he finally bit the dust.

13. Anything else that could convince us that you are a good addition to our raids.
I'm not afraid of the grind, as I was the first in Fallout to reach 54 traits and the second player reached it 1.5 weeks later. I'm ready to return to the AP grind once 7.2 launches and will aim to have as many traits as feasibly possible with the AK available at the time.

Once the loot from Tomb is finalized, I'll start researching what's my highest priority upgrades. The same would go for the mechanics of the fights, but generally I'll have the easiest time learning them by simply experiencing the encounter(s).

14. Your plans for the next 6 months - will you be AFK on vacation or take a break from raiding?
Nothing should be interfering with the scheduled raid hours, so far as I can tell. If the moment ever occurs that I have to take a night off, I'll inform an officer as soon in advance as possible.

15. Do you know anyone in the guild?
Not to my knowledge.

Seur

Re: Enhancement Shaman

Post by Seur » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:45 pm

Hey Andrè! Thank you for the application.

First of all, I would like to appreciate your thorough application, was a very good read.

Now, let's move into the more serious parts. Looking at your logs, they are pretty decent. Your Triliax logs, even though they are purple, are still pretty good considering the high kill timers. Your Triliax kill on your best log took over 6 minutes, while our Triliax kills usually round up at about 4 minutes, which is probably the perfect time for good logs, considering cooldowns and burst windows.

Looking over a few of your logs real quick, I see that your biggest improving point that would be an immediate improvement, is working on your flametongue and boulderfist uptimes. In a few wipes/kills on bosses where you can generally aim at having 98+% uptime on both, you are some times racking in at 90-95. When it comes to cooldown efficiency though, you never miss any Feral Spirits or Doom Winds which is great, however, you are missing a few Boulderfirst casts here and there which directly links to the uptime on the buff.

Enhancement Shamans aren't really rocket science, which means that improving on these small things would simply mean you logging orange in most of your mythic and heroic kills. Of course, killtimers are generally way higher in your logs then we have here, which most often means less DPS.

When it comes to general mechanics, I had a tiny look at around 30 of your Krosus wipes, where I found no silly deaths, which is good!

Overall I really enjoyed reading your application, you have very decent logs and you show the thirst to jump a few steps up into a higher progression guild, which I love.

Coming down to business though, we are currently very melee heavy in our roster, which means that competition will be VERY high with a lot of melee to slot in, and having fights that requires X amount of ranged such as Tichondrius, it means we cannot have a too big of a melee roster either.

However, I do think that you would fit into our raid team nicely, and I think that you would be a good asset to our guild. We will make our final decision towards this as fast as possible.

In the meanwhile though, I would like to ask you a few follow up questions regarding your application:
In what type of fights do you think Enhancement Shamans excel at, and how do you think they will perform in ToS?
You mentioned in your application that you followed Wordup and his theorycrafting, what is your opinion regarding the document he wrote together with Bay and other Enhancement Shaman mains?

Looking forward to hear back from you!
Seurely a good reply.

Bearlytrying

Re: Enhancement Shaman

Post by Bearlytrying » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:05 pm

I am not an officer or anything i just wanted to ask if you have played resto shammy before? When, where and did you like it?
Just out of curiosity. :-)