Grimmtotem - Elemental Shaman (Trial - 08/02/17)

RedJoker

Grimmtotem - Elemental Shaman (Trial - 08/02/17)

Post by RedJoker » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:16 pm

1. Name, age, country and Battle tag.
Name: Hamad Yousef Mohammed Hassan AlHarmoodi
Battletag: RedJoker#11208

2. Link to armory (please log out in gear you will raid in).
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... m/advanced

3. Artifact level?
54 Ele, 36 Resto (wtb teacher), 35 Enha

4. What are our raiding times, and do they suit you?
Wed/Sun/Mon; 19:15-23:00
No problem at all, almost same as timings from previous guild just that you start 15 min later and end an hour later
-Just wanted to ask a quick question, what happens exactly at 19:15, do invites go out, do you pull trash, or do you pull boss?

5. What loosystem do we use? (This is meant to see that you have read our rules)
Loot Council with the RCLootCouncil

6. What guilds you were in and reasons for leaving? (short description)
Most recent Guild is Hakuna Mattata, leaving them because the leadership decided to go casual after some roster and performance and management issues.

7. Logs of your past raids
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... 83/latest/

8. Screenshot of your UI (in a raiding situation)
http://i.imgur.com/YzeoOwi.jpg

9. What are the sites you use to keep up to date on your specc/class?
Shaman streamer that I admire; https://www.twitch.tv/naesam
Stormearthandlava.com
Shaman Discord
SimCraft and Pawn

10. Info about alts (if any)
Heartßreak (DPS/Tank Demon hunter)
Grimmscythe (Undergeared Balance Druid)

11. How did you hear about our guild, what made you apply?
Diagen whispered me after I set myself to LFG on wowprogress

12. Describe the hardest PVE boss you killed (ever) - how long did your guild work on it, what was hard, what was good about the fight etc..
Hardest bosses for my guild were Gorefiend and then Mannoroth (300+ wipes), This xpac hardest boss was Cenarius (109 wipes)
We were doing the zerg tactic on cenarius so dps was a problem, also I was assigned along with a hunter to kill the wisps after a blood dk stacked them, so when I used stormkeeper and then chain lightning (with all the artifact trait buffs) theye died instantly so then healing all that explosion damage was a problem. Ofcourse brambles were a problem too but then we got used to avoiding it.

13. Anything else that could convince us that you are a good addition to our raids.
Let me tell you a little story. This is gonna be a bit long... ^^. Ever since the new build hit the ptr I was going on ptr servers for like 2 hours a day practicing the new cast priority and new build and checking out all the new stuff about shaman. I have been playing elemental shaman ever since I started playing this game and never have I found a class that I like more than it throughout my years of playing the game. I always read up on tactics before each new boss and I make sure I have a general idea of what tactic the raid decides to use. I prepare also by gearing up from mythic+ and getting a nice amount of pots flasks foods and talent tomes to be ready for anything required. I also have an elemental shaman streamer that I admire and watch and I always look for his tips and class specific boss guides to prepare for the raids for myself. I also use simcraft to optimize my stat priority and my dps, and update my pawn string to know which items are better upgrades since our stat priority as elemental shaman shifts after certain soft caps. I am not perfect, I have my vices. Sometimes I forget to look at timers because I'm concentrating at what I as a dps should be doing, but after a few tries and pulls that no longer becomes an issue. I can take criticism and am open to it, and I do not mind to be benched for the sake of progression. I am a person who understands what it means to make decisions, and I respect my peers and officers. I am in the military so I know discipline and patience, but don't worry, it doesn't affect my playing, and if it would I would be given a notice for a while before I am required to go on a mission or something, which rarely happens. I like helping others and giving tips and advises, but sometimes I get irritated at people who do not try their best or have the determination and/or dedication to enhance their playstyle and gaming experience (for their in game characters and for themselves as people), but don't worry, I never speak publicly about it and I never lash out, if I am well acquainted with the person I would tell them on whisper, and if I am not I would just point it out the the GM/Officer/Role Leader/ETC. If you have any other things you would like to know you could ask me, my BT is RedJoker#11208

14. Your plans for the next 6 months - will you be AFK on vacation or take a break from raiding?
I plan to continue raiding Hardcore/Semi-hardcore and stay like that until the game ends (i think they said there are 2 more expansions, but even if there were more I wouldnt stop playing) I know how to manage my time, and I know how to prioritize it and set time for gaming and time for university and/or other stuff. The only reason I see myself not attending a raid would be an emergency (which ofcourse rarely happens, and has never happened since this xpac started)

15. Do you know anyone in the guild?
Not really, other than Diagen who I had a chat with about joining the guild.

This has been a short application (even in my standards, please excuse wherever I wrote too much or went into too many details). Most templates I have seen required much more information, but if this is all you require I of course don't mind, or if you had anything you wanted to ask or know about me you could whisper me as I said before or join me on TS/Discord/Skype whichever you prefer.
"I think, therefore I am."

kollbjorn
aka Depletebjørn

Re: Grimmtotem - Elemental Shaman (Trial - 08/02/17)

Post by kollbjorn » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:44 pm

Hey Hamad Yousef Mohammed Hassan AlHarmoodi!

Should I say your whole name? :)

Thanks for the application, was a nice read!
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good!

RedJoker

Post by RedJoker » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:06 pm

Just Hamad is fine or better yet Grimm XP.
"I think, therefore I am."

Diagen

Post by Diagen » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:13 am

As we talked about we are more than happy to take you in as a trial :)

Your trial time will be the coming 2 weeks.

This is part of the formality of accepting you as trials and presenting you with what is expected of you for the coming 2 weeks

Performance that is will be seen as suited for what we are looking for. This is vague since we are not only looking at numbers when we talk about the performance of a player and this will be talked about in details between the officer team when the trial period is over.

On a social aspect you are expected to act with respect towards the other guild members.

We are here to help you get better in any way. Don't be afriad to ask for help from anyone in the guild for whatever reason. Be it M+ , Looking through logs or simply talking rotation.

Good luck on your trial.

Immanis
Resident Healing Theorycrafter and Advisor

Post by Immanis » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:18 am

Hej Grimm!
I really like the way you describe your approach to raiding, I think you'll fit in nicely!
Good luck on your trial. :-)