Restoration Druid - Ládykaty

Ladykaty

Restoration Druid - Ládykaty

Post by Ladykaty » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:57 pm

1. Name, age, country and Battle tag.

Katy. 25. England, UK. katy#2794

2. Link to armory (please log out in gear you will raid in).

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... aty/simple

3. Artifact level?

It was at 54, not it's 40.

4. What are our raiding times, and do they suit you?

19.15 ST wednesday/sunday/monday, and yes - they're fine.

5. What loosystem do we use? (This is meant to see that you have read our rules)

Loot council, so I assume RC loot council is required.

6. What guilds you were in and reasons for leaving? (short description)

Alibi - Differences of opinion on several aspects of the guild, raiding and otherwise. Wasn't a personal thing though - the people were lovely.
Currently in a new guild called Affinity - this place just doesn't really fit with us at all. Appears really undisciplined. Looking for a raid team that has the discipline to kill high, current content.

7. Logs of your past raids

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... artition=1

8. Screenshot of your UI (in a raiding situation)

http://prnt.sc/eq3d0q

9. What are the sites you use to keep up to date on your specc/class?

Druid discord is always a good place for quick questions and the people on there are really good at supplying you with the source in which their information came from.
Warcraft logs - nice to see what the good 'uns are up to and try to copy them the best I can :p
I'm a real pain in the arse actually and I like to talk to some of the high end Druids and get their opinions on things if I'm really unsure on something. They probably hate it and get it a lot but I like to ask actual human beings who can reply with actual knowledge.
For basic things I'm not above having a little look on good old Ivy Veins. Always nice to read a little more about things on there. BiS lists and so on.
Forums.

10. Info about alts (if any)

Got an Affliction Warlock 897
Also got Hpally and Hpriest at ~880.

11. How did you hear about our guild, what made you apply?

I saw Talentless advertising in trade. Thought I'd try my luck and apply :p

12. Describe the hardest PVE boss you killed (ever) - how long did your guild work on it, what was hard, what was good about the fight etc..

You know what, it's fresh in my mind - we just killed Helya and that boss requires some actual synapses :p great fight actually - i really enjoyed it. We had somewhere around 120-130 wipes on it and spent a couple of weeks going at it. The effort required on that fight mechanic wise is pretty high, lots of tinkering and trying new things, playing with my spec and gear/stats and so on to get the right balance. It was an all around great fight.

13. Anything else that could convince us that you are a good addition to our raids.

I hate this question SO much :p like, I want to be there and I want to raid, so I won't be the kind of slacky, half-arsed person that barely shows up online unless it's raid time. I am super active right now so I am up to date on everything such as AP and so on.

14. Your plans for the next 6 months - will you be AFK on vacation or take a break from raiding?

Nothing planned, apart from a 4 day weekend away mid May. 19-22 i think it is.

15. Do you know anyone in the guild?

Nope.

Bearlytrying

Re: Restoration Druid - Ládykaty

Post by Bearlytrying » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:19 pm

Hey Katy!

Thanks for the application to Aluren, always nice to see a friendly resto druid! :-)

Im not an officer or anything, and im also not the best at reading logs, but anyways i just wanted to ask a few questions that comes to my mind when seeing your logs/build/spelluses. :-)

- Your talent choice of germination on every boss other than Krosus. Is there a reason for this, or is it simply because you like spamming rejuv + germination? I am asking this because i see you dont have a lot of mastery, and you also seems to cast less rejuvs than what is normal especially with your amount of haste, which leads to germination being kinda useless talent choice compared to other options on the 4 mythic bosses you killed.

- Your talent choice of prosperity on everyboss compared to Cenarion ward. Here i also wonder why you choose this, with soul of forest beeing weak and cenarion ward being really strong i don't see the reason for having 3 sec reduced CD on swiftmend. Also i see you playing without a paladin on krosus for example, which makes me wonder even more. With low tank healing why not use the amazing Cenarion ward? I can't see any boss in NH where prosperity beats Cenarion ward (IMO). :-)

- Always using balance affinity & typhoon also makes me a bit worried. This is a very small thing, but being able to stun adds on krosus / chronomatic or taking 6% less dmg in general is in my opinion also worth something. I understand that balance affinity can be great, but i can't see where other than maybe trillax on the bosses you killed so far.

- On krosus for example (sorry but the first 3 bosses is to me not as great log wise compared to krosus). - Here you use your amazing Velens trinket only once, and flourish twice on a 5,55 minute encounter? Looking at your high haste i am also not sure why you "only" got 85 rejuvs out on such a raidhealing intensive fight.

- I see you in general always do a great job at DPS'ing, and this is something i like! I also try to DPS when i can, but i see you have very high numbers of moonfire and especially sunfire that makes me worried. Sunfire is VERY exspensive on mana and i can't see a reason to use this spell other than on a pull or with an innervate where there is nothing else to heal? Moonfire is fine if you don't struggle with mana, but else i think wrath spam for actually regenerating mana rather than using it is a better option in mythic, but this is just my opinion of course - i would rather save 290.400 mana for later on in the fight than doing 7-7,5M dmg with sunfire.

Overall looking at your logs you do mechanics right, you play well, u have decent uptime on spells and you do dps when there is nothing to heal and this is mainly what its all about. As mentioned i cant read logs very well, and only having 1 kill on Krosus also makes it hard to get the full picture of you as a healer.

With that being said i will leave it open for officers / GM and maybe a better understanding from you on why some of the choices in talents etc. was made during NH mythic. Lets get a good discussion going. :-)

I hope you don't take this the wrong way since i meant no other than good with the questions and comments in this post.

Best regards, resto druid Bearly

Ladykaty

Post by Ladykaty » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:32 pm

Hey!

OMG when someone writes it all down, it's funny how much you do wrong :p You're a lot better than me at reading logs, that's for sure.. As if I wasted 290k mana on f*cking Sunfire :| That's a bad habit I guess and I suppose I never really added up the amount of wasted mana until you just told me, and holy cow -.- So I suppose I slip into comfortable healing is the bottom line. On Krosus I purposely stayed raid healer as the other Resto went full on tank healer and he did a pretty great job of it tbh. I was benched for most of their progress as they did a lot with a holy pally but when he wasn't available I went in and we got the kill after like, 12 tries so I didn't really feel the fight too much before it was dead. On Helya mythic however, a hard progress fight that we were at for over a hundred wipes there was a lot of tinkering with the spec/gear/trinkets ect that went on in order to get it right, so I am not against using different specs at all. I think maybe I need to be a little bit more aware of my mistakes. I do have Swiftmend relics though hence the choice for Swiftmend - A choice I clearly need to re-assess :p As you said about the Balance affinity. I use it to put out damage when there's not much to do. I recognise though that as the fights get harder, there's less opportunity to do this and Guardian would be better.

Thanks for the reply!

Sorry I'm such a noob :p

Katy x

Immanis
Resident Healing Theorycrafter and Advisor

Post by Immanis » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:28 pm

Hej there Katy, thanks for your application!

I see Bearly already did the major part by looking at logs, thanks for that :D

As far as I'm concerned, it's rather easy to get someone up to speed on theorycrafting that is already generally good at healing and doing mechanics than the opposite => I think you'd get up to speed rather quickly with some help from bearly, kolbi and myself :D

In a broader sense, how do you prepare for progress fights? In particular concerning CD usage (leg. trinket, cake if applicable, Flourish, Essence of G'Hanir), Mana management, talent choices.

Cheers :-)

Ladykaty

Post by Ladykaty » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:47 pm

Hey :)

So I think how I prepare for progress fights just changed a whole lot after chatting with Bearly in-game :p

So as of now, I have the Cake equipped, heroic version coupled with my legendary trinket. Changed to CW instead of Prosperity - I'd assumed since I had the relic for it, Prosperity was better - I was wrong :p And I've gone to Spring Blossoms as more of a permanent fixture (RIP Germination).. So In the last hour, lots of changes have been made as per the advice of Bearly. Mana management is a fun one :p so, I don't run with a mana relic at all, or a mana trinket. My mana management goes a little like this - I learn the fight and I adjust accordingly. Spec wise, Germination is a bit of a mana-eater, so instantly, I should see some improvement with mana control. I'm not the only healer in a fight and I am aware of this - let them use some mana if I have blown some, and vice-versa. Essentially, I learn where I can and can't use mana excessively and I do what I need to do to make the most of my mana - innervate in a particularly heavy part (e.g chronomatic's PO phase if I am not using Tranq ect). Channelled mana pots are always nice, but not the easiest to use, depending on the fight so I carry both instant and channelled mana pots.

Talent choices - I'm happy to change to fit the fight and the healing comp. More so now as I've made a couple of changes - Spring Blossoms, mainly. When a spec isn't working, I don't mind if another healer suggests a talent change to me - whatever works tbh, I am by no means a Druid guru and if someone else has a suggestion that could improve my healing, subsequently improving the progress, I'm all for it.

As per the logs, it would appear I'm not using my smaller cd's as effctively as I could - Flourish/Velen's ect. This is something I've made a habit of saving "just in-case" and sort of slipped into not using them as effectively as possible. i need to improve on this tbh. I think a couple of really obnoxious weak auras should remind me and solve that issue :p

Finally, mana-wise... MUST. STOP. USING. SUNFIRE... 290k wasted on Krosus, RIP.

I think I have some room for improvement, and I'm absolutely not adverse to being told I'm being a mongo and need to fix myself :p
Katy x

Immanis
Resident Healing Theorycrafter and Advisor

Post by Immanis » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:07 pm

Hej again :-)

Seeing that you talked a bit with Bearly about all those resto druid things, and seeing that you're eager to learn, while already being at a decent level makes you ready for your Trial period in my books :D We'll have to wait for feedback from the officers team, of course.

For the mana-management thing:
This is probably overkill and I don't know if our other healers do this, but I make myself a sort of "mana budget" for every fight, in particular on progress.
I look at logs of other people that already did the fight, look at damage taken, healing done, look at which points of the fights I want to allocate a lot of %base mana, how many PoH I want at which point, what fillers i'll cast when etc.
e.g. On Krosus I'd set up something along the lines of :
After Slam 3 I want to be at X % mana
then after Slam 7 Y % mana

etc.
If I have more than my designed budget at a certain point, I'll know I can fit in one more PoH (let's say Wild Growth for you :D) instead of a Heal (rejuv).
If I have less than my intended budget, i'll start playing a bit more conservatively (using Smite instead of Heal as fill e.g.) to start catching up on the amount of mana I want for later parts of the fight (typically on Krosus I want to have a lot of mana to PoH in the last parts of the fight with the nasty orb/slam overlaps where I want 3-4 PoH for each slam/orb, i.e. 13.5-18 %basemana).

I do this for every progress boss, for BoW, no BoW, innervate, no innverate, BoW+innervate etc.!

I'll also adjust my casting slightly depending on the mana of our other healers. E.g. if I see the holy pally being a bit lower on mana than he should be at a certain point of the fight and the resto druid being higher on mana, I'll start doing a bit more single target healing and let the resto druid keep the raid up.

There's a lot more you can keep track of and I wouldn't have the time to write everything down here, but that's just a small part of what you can do :D

A more general question:
As you may have noticed, healing teams are a bit weird in NH, in the sense that some fights require 5 healers and others 2-3.
How do you feel about sitting out/ being on the bench depending on what healers/how many healers are needed for a certain encounter?

Cheers :-)

EDIT:
About the "minor CDs" thing (velen's, flourish, essence, cake etc).
You should think about using CDs/having uptimes like a DPS! try to maximise the amount of uses of all of them, everything you don't use is basically wasted resources.

Ladykaty

Post by Ladykaty » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:26 pm

Hey again :) I have no issues with sitting out during progression. Do you let the benched people come in after you've done the progression though to do the encounter once it's more on farm? I'd like to see the encounters when they've been killed, but if we all get the opportunity to do that then I have zero issues with being benched whilst you get the kill.

I actually do a similar thing with the mana at certain % or phases of fights. After a few tries it becomes obvious how much mana I usually have and how much I SHOULD have, and if the two aren't matched, I adjust what I'm doing, so I do actually do that too, just not as intensely as you :p Like for example, I know if I have ~ 40% mana going into phase 2 on Helya, by the end of being up on that platform, I can regen with a channelled pot to almost full, if not 100% just by dpsing while there's no damage, and finish the fight off without another mana worry. I time innervates to get as many innervates out in one fight too. Love me an innervate :p

Katy x

Talent

Post by Talent » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:40 pm

Hello!

We have decided to decline your application. We have recently gone into a semi-merge with us acquiring a healer. I think, with some work, you can for sure improve those logs as you want, and find a guild. We wish you all the best in finding a new guild!!

Thankyou, Talent

Ladykaty

Post by Ladykaty » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:42 pm

Hey :) No worries, thank you for your time

Katy x